We turned our heat off a couple weeks ago when it was in the 60's and 70's, and we vowed to never turn it back on as a simple of our faith that summer would arrive. However, lately our house hasn't gotten over, like, 63 degrees! Today, after it being in the 30's all day, I saw that our house was only 58 degrees! No wonder our hands and feet were ice cubes! And yes, I turned the heat back on...
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Rexburg is such a funny place, sometimes I love it, other times I hate it. Nevertheless, you've gotta appreciate those things that make it unique. Here is my list of things you'll only experience in Rexburg:
- Only in Rexburg can you go on a 6 mile run and cross through at least 3 different stake boundries.
- Only in Rexburg can you make new friends every time you go rock climbing.
- Only in Rexburg will the town become deserted between semesters.
- Only in Rexburg can you use the Temple as a beacon anywhere within a 20 mile radius.
- Only in Rexburg can you run about a mile from the city and suddenly feel like you're in the middle of nowhere.
- Only in Rexburg can you experience all four seasons in the same week.
- Only in Rexburg would I make so many friends over the age of 70.
- Only in Rexburg can I sit outside and talk to my neighbors, all of whom are under the age of 3 years old.
- Only in Rexburg will there be wind gusting over 20 mile per hour for days on end.
- Only in Rexburg will the wind change direction to be blowing in your face no matter which direction you're riding your bike.
- Only in Rexburg are there 2 stake centers and a temple within one mile on the same road.
- Only in Rexburg can you never be more than 5 minutes from any store in town.
- Only in Rexburg do people start considering you a potential spouse on the first date.
- Only in Rexburg do you need to check people's left hand for a ring.
- Only in Rexburg will you see people you know anywhere you go.
- Only in Rexburg does every business close by 11 o'clock.
- Only in Rexburg can you walk to church in under 5 minutes.
- Only in Rexburg can you never meet someone who isn't Mormon.
- Only in Rexburg will you see tractors on the freeway.
- Only in Rexburg can you leave your frozen food outside to keep it cold because it's colder outside than in the freezer.
- Only in Rexburg does winter last 6 months
- Only in Rexburg will you have parties at your professors' homes.
- Only in Rexburg can you expect to see horseback riders when you're on a bike ride.
How can we not love this little town that has become our new home?
Friday, April 16, 2010
My Dearest Tyler,
It all started when you said those 4 magical words......
Four long months later, we were married.
Since then, we've had such a great time and done so many fun things together!! Here are some of my favorite memories from the last two years:
Of course, number 1 is rock climbing! I love that we do this together and that we both love it so much!
You are so strong and such a good climber! Thanks, Tyler, for teaching me everything I know!
We've done lots of road trips! I love the talks we have while driving, and I really appreciate you not getting mad when I'm asleep by the time we pass Rigby!
It's been so fun to travel with both of our families, like this first annual trip to Yellowstone. I love those trips! (And thanks, Cindy, for capturing hundred of little moments, like this)
I've loved seeing you get so into biking! You are so fast and strong! Lance's got nothing on you!
Training for and completing our first triathlon was awesome! We couldn't have done it without each other.
I love it when you play the guitar, I think you look so cute!
You are such a good helper around the house! Thanks so much for always doing the dirty work that you know I hate doing!!
And of course, I couldn't have made it through college without your love, support, and encouragement. There were so many times that it was too hard, and I couldn't have kept going without you pushing me.
I love you so much, Tyler Rey Redd!
(Note: Please excuse the overly sentimental attitude of this post)
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Here is a slide show of Graduation!!
It was so great having all my family here with me!
Thank you all so much for traveling from so far to support me!
And thank you Cindy, for the beautiful leis that made me really feel like a Redd!
What a great weekend!!
(Hopefully it works!)
Sunday, April 11, 2010
This last Christmas, Jeffrey asked for a trip to visit us during his Spring Break. It was more like a Christmas gift to all of us because we were so excited to have him come out here! Unfortunately, we were still in school, so Jeff got to come to lots of college classes! Other than that, here's a recap of some other stuff we did:
Jeff and Tyler jammed!
And I tried to take some artistic pictures...
Tyler and I donated blood at the Fire Station, and the firemen were nice enough to give us a tour of the trucks!
We even got to try on all the gear! (Those axes were heavy!)
Then we got to go in the ambulance, hopefully that'll be the only time we go in an ambulance!
This is the picture we sent to my Aunt Leesa and Uncle Gord on April Fool's Day with the caption: "Jeff had an accident while snowboarding). They didn't think it was very funny.
Jeff getting ready to go snowboarding for his first time!!
Arriving at Jackson Hole!
It was also Alyssa's first time! She did great once she got the hang of it!
Jeff did awesome for his first time! He was going so fast and going off jumps, and he hardly fell! Although, at the end of the day he was seriously concerned that he had broken his tailbone!
Tyler was just excited, as usual, to be on the mountain!
All in all, it was a great trip!! We wish he could have stayed forever!!
Upcoming posts include: Spring at Temple Square, Graduation, and A Tribute to My Husband on our Slightly Belated 2nd Anniversary