Sunday, July 14, 2013

Before and Afters

Yuck! Dark red walls are my nemesis! This is the second house we've moved into that had dark red walls to begin with...and they just had to go! Along with that carpet that had 5 kids and a dog running around it all day for the last 10 years.

The plan: Repaint all the walls from the living room to the kitchen a bright, clean white, and accent my favorite color: turquoise! and turn it into a beach house!!



The floors! We didn't think it could possibly be worth it to double the price of the floors by paying for installation, but now two weeks, and hundreds of hours, and far too many cuss words later, we changed our mind: Pay for the installation!!! btw, we're still not even done with them... :(
our meager start (which we had to pull out and start all over anyways) 

Ryan did some flooring yoga..



But, it was all worth it in the end! I LOVE LOVE my new floor!! LOVE! And I really do feel like I'm in a beach house, with the ocean right there!


The Before Kitchen: 


The plan: Redo the floors; repaint all the walls white, and the cabinets a bright turquoise; all white appliances. 

Turns out the cabinets are a pain!! 




But, I finally got them all primed....


 And again, TOTALLY WORTH IT!!





5 comments:

  1. It looks great! Very fresh and bright. Definitely worth all the long hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you guys in a house now? and where at?! i cant keep up hahaha. i LOOOOVE love love love x 100000 million love the color snad that HUGE ocean painting. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you really do have a nemesis with dark red walls! It is BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait to see it. I think its even more beachy than your Rexburg house. The kitchen turned out GREAT and everything looks so fresh. I wish I had brought you home some shells or starfish or something from our trip, but . . . I guess you'll just have to come along next year and pick out your own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps---I really love the Harry Potter room you have under your stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!!!! Wanna come visit and do my house?!? Love it!

    ReplyDelete