Monday, October 10, 2011

Behind the scenes...

So it turns out I didn't actually take very many pictures of all the work that went into the remodel.....probably because I was too busy just doing it all!
But here are a few pics..




It doesn't look like a lot, and actually, the painting itself was super easy! Nothing compared to when we painted our kitchen!  Here's what was hard: taking apart our table and chairs, taking all the pictures and glass out of all the frames, then putting about 8 coats of paint on everything to turn it from black to white! I decided somewhere near the end that our ugly Walmart table was really not worth the trouble! Then getting the frames on the wall....my goodness, that was a project! Luckily, Tyler remembered his mom's method to completing a similar project, so we cut newspaper out to match all the frames and poked holes in the paper right where the nail would have to go, and put those up on the wall first.  It actually worked really well!
All in all, it was definitely worth the time because I love coming down the stairs to see our beautiful "beach house"!

Shout outs:
Alyssa and Kyle came over and helped a lot! Kyle was actually the one who had to do all the taking apart of the table and chairs..Thanks guys!
And a big shout out to my poor, sweet husband! He was probably quite overwhelmed when it went from "it'd be fun to add some color to our house" to actually painting within 24 hours.  Nor, I'm sure, did he expect that we'd have to match the rest of our belongings to the wall, and that I wouldn't rest until it was done! But he helped so much and was so supportive! I love that about him! He always lets me do what he knows I would do anyways!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! You should have called and I could have come over to help!

    Kath

    ReplyDelete